Famous religious paintings
Vault offers many famous religious paintings by key artists from around the world. We include the most famous ones here, along with the key artists involved with religious works.
The most famous religious paintings were predominantly created in the art periods of Renaissance & Baroque where religion was a greater element of society, and art at those times reflected that.
Religious paintings remain popular amongst art buyers, as they portray a feeling of history and splendour in contrast to more contemporary pieces which serve a different purpose to art lovers. The different types of art can suit different homes and rooms as well as different personal tastes.
As modern artists continue to develop their mediums into interesting directions, embracing new technologies and styles, traditional paintings still serve as a benchmark, representing skilled art, and an historic cultured past.
For more information on famous religious paintings, please see below for examples of paintings that Vault offers for sale, or try a keyword search in the top right of the page, for phrases such as “jesus christ”, “adam”, “eve”, “creation”, or perhaps “resurrection”.
Famous religious paintings available to buy
- Descent from the Cross – Michelangelo
- The Creation of Eve – Michelangelo
- The Creation of the Sun and Moon – Michelangelo
- The Creation of Adam – Michelangelo
- The Last Judgment – Michelangelo
- The Flood – Michelangelo
- Sistine Madonna – Raphael
- The Last Supper – Leonardo Da Vinci
- St John the Baptist – Leonardo Da Vinci
- Madonna Litta – Leonardo Da Vinci
- The Virgin and Child with St Anne – Leonardo Da Vinci
- Madonna with the Carnation – Leonardo Da Vinci
- Abraham and Isaac – Rembrandt
- The Return of the Prodigal Son – Rembrandt
- The Prodigal Son in the Tavern – Rembrandt
- The Virgin and Child with Two Saints – Giovanni Bellini
- Crucifixion – Giovanni Bellini
- The Feast of the Gods – Giovanni Bellini
- The Resurrection – Giovanni Bellini
- Christs Blessing – Giovanni Bellini
- Greek Madonna – Giovanni Bellini
- St. John the Baptist – Caravaggio
- Madonna di Loreto – Caravaggio
- Assumption of the Virgin – Annibale Carracci